In today’s digital age, explainer videos have become a valuable tool for businesses seeking to convey their messages in a concise and engaging manner. These short videos help explain complex ideas, products, or services with ease, making them an essential asset for companies looking to capture their audience’s attention. However, one critical aspect that often gets overlooked is the timing of your explainer video.
In this article, we’ll explore the optimum time for an explainer video and offer insights into how an explainer video company can help you get it right.
Now, let’s shift our focus to timing. ▶️
1. Length Matters: The first rule of thumb when determining the optimal length for your explainer video is to keep it short and sweet. This mean’s creating firstly a script that is concise, that summarises the points and doesn’t have unnecessary waffle or repetition.
2. Complexity of the Message: The complexity of your message is a crucial factor to consider. If you have a relatively simple message to convey, a 60-second explainer video may suffice. However, if your product or service is more intricate, you might need longer. An experienced explainer video company can help you strike the right balance.
3. Platform and Audience: Consider where you’ll be sharing your explainer video and the preferences of your target audience. Social media platforms like Instagram and Twitter favor shorter videos, whereas platforms like YouTube allow for more extended content. Understanding where your video will be seen can help you tailor the timing accordingly.
4. Attention Span: Research suggests that the average human attention span is around 8 seconds. Therefore, it’s crucial to capture your audience’s interest within the first few seconds of your video. Make sure your explainer video is engaging right from the start.
5. A/B Testing: If you’re unsure about the ideal length for your explainer video, consider conducting A/B testing. Create multiple versions with different timings and assess which one performs best in terms of engagement and conversions. This data-driven approach can be incredibly insightful.
Here are some recommendations based on common scenarios. ▶️ [WITH EXAMPLES]
1. 30 Seconds to 1 Minute: For social media and quick, attention-grabbing videos, it’s best to keep your explainer video under 1 minute. This is especially true for platforms like Instagram, where short, engaging content is popular.
2. 1 to 2 Minutes: For most online platforms and general audiences, explainer videos lasting between 1 and 2 minutes are a good range. This provides enough time to convey valuable information without overwhelming the viewer.
3. 2 to 3 Minutes: If your topic is moderately complex and you need to explain it in detail, you can go up to 2-3 minutes. However, make sure the content remains engaging to hold the viewer’s attention.
4. 3+ Minutes: Longer explainer videos (over 3 minutes) are generally better suited for in-depth, educational content or for situations where the audience has a high level of interest and engagement, such as webinars or tutorial videos.
Keep in mind these additional tips:
- Always focus on delivering your key message concisely and clearly. Avoid unnecessary filler content.
- Use visuals, animations, and storytelling techniques to maintain engagement.
- Test your video with your target audience to get feedback on the ideal length.
- Consider creating shorter teaser videos for social media to generate interest and drive traffic to longer, more in-depth videos on your website or YouTube channel.
Ultimately, the ideal length of an explainer video will depend on your specific goals, content, and audience preferences. Regularly reviewing analytics and viewer feedback can help you refine your video length for optimal results.